Jury will be held on Thursday March 30, 2017
Student designers will present their garments between 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: Technology Building 3rd floor lobby
Students can choose to make a cohesive collection of 4 garments. The garments must follow our theme Remember/Imagine and will be presented in front of our Jury (deadline) for review.
Since the show is always held in the spring, it is strongly suggested that spring and summer style garments be made. Past years have shown that it is very difficult to get a winter garment past jury. Here is a list of guideline to follow in order to be successful going through the jury process:
- Fill out an application.
- Label each outfit with your name, type of garment, and the fabric used.
- On a 4x6 index card write a short description of the garment. The description should not be longer than 30 seconds if read out loud. Turn in the application to Erin Habes or one of the department Adminstrative Assistants.
You MUST be present during the application process
- Dress professionally
- Bring the completed application
- You will be reading a short statement about your design and how it fits this year's theme
- Know your target market (really think about this)
- Garments must be 100% completed and assembled by the student who is submitting the item.
- Be sure to sign up for a time slot for the day of jury. Seniors show their garments first.
- All garments must be in an enclosed, zippered garment bag (name on outside) - preferably clear plastic. (These bags come in suit length or gown length and can be purchased at local dollar stores. Purchase early as they run out the closer we get to fashion show time!)
- Have the model for whom the garment was made for wear it during the jury process. Fit is important!
Please see "Designer Info" for rehearsal times and more info.