Jury presentation - March 30, 2017
Senior designers will present their garments from 2:00pm - 5:00pm
(Mr. Brinson will select the presentation order)
Location: Technology Building 3rd floor lobby
FTT students may enroll in the "Senior Designer Class" (FTT 451) and choose to make a cohesive collection of 4 garments. The garments must follow our theme Remember/Imagine and will be presented in front of our Jury (deadline) for review. All submissions are shown to a group of fashion industry professionals (not professors) and their decision on what will be included in the show is final.
Since the show is always held in the spring, it is strongly suggested that spring and summer style garments be made. Past years have shown that it is very difficult to get a winter garment past jury. Here is a list of guideline to follow in order to be successful going through the jury process:
- Fill out an application.
- Label each outfit with your name, type of garment, and the fabric used.
- On a 4x6 index card write a short description of the garment. The description should not be longer than 30 seconds if read out loud. Turn in the application to Erin Habes or one of the department Adminstrative Assistants.
You MUST be present during the application process
- Dress professionally
- Bring the completed application
- You will be reading a short statement about your design and how it fits this year's theme
- Know your target market (really think about this)
- Garments must be 100% completed and assembled by the student who is submitting the item
- Garments must be submitted by March 30, 2017
- Be sure to sign up for a time slot for the day of jury. Seniors show their garments first!
- All garments must be in an enclosed, zippered garment bag (name on outside) - preferably clear plastic. (These bags come in suit length or gown length and can be purchased at local dollar stores. Purchase early as they run out the closer we get to fashion show time!)
- Have the model for whom the garment was made for wear it during the jury process. Fit is important!
Seniors - please make note that once you make it into the show, you are required to attend the following dates and obligations.
- Individual Look Book Photo Shoot with Luke Copping - April 3rd - 7th
- Video Interviews - April 5th
- Meet with your stylist
- Meet with your motion graphics artist
Please see "Designer Info" for rehearsal times and more info.